Tourism is one of the most important and largest industries in Nepal economy and employs more people worldwide than any other. For those of us privileged enough to travel we take on a responsibility to aid people relying on tourism for their daily needs and to treat their home and country with respect. At on the Liberty Holidays we believe travel should be a rewarding experience for you, as well as for the local people we encounter and that preserving the natural state and beauty of the areas we pass through is essential.
Liberty Holidays always involved in environmental and social involvement to develop the society or to contribute towards the nation. Responsible travel means to being a part of solving a disaster or problems that the world is facing right now like deforestation, poverty, global warming, environmental peace etc. so, let’s join hand together with Liberty Holidays to participate to solve these kinds of unusual problems because one’s little effort can makes a different in the world. So, we had arranged tour packages from which your little investment can change the faces of the destination and many more.
For several years now we have identified specific projects where, as a Nepal tour operator, we are in an ideal position to actively help some of the less fortunate communities that we visit, whilst also encouraging them to protect the very environments and wildlife that we so enjoy seeing. To enable us to fund these projects efficiently,
Liberty Holidays has entered into a partnership with the registered social welfare organization Creative Hands (www.creativehands.org.np). Established in 2007, Creative Hands (CH) works in all parts of Nepal to support effective community-based conservation projects. In the struggle to save endangered species and habitats, CH is committed to work with local people and partners to find sustainable ways of living in harmony with wildlife, ecosystems and the environment.
What We Do!
Supporting and involving local people
- We recruit and involve local people wherever possible.
- We support and prefer to work directly with local businesses, services and individuals.
- Our supplies and equipment are purchased locally wherever possible.
- We aim to work and treat the traveller, local communities and businesses in a fair and just manner.
- We aim to work with partners who operate their own local initiatives.
- Small, family-run establishments make up a high percentage of the accommodation we use.
- Where it is practical but not intrusive we stay as guests of local families.
- We are efficient in our use of natural resources.
- We minimise environmental damage for items that can carry a negative impact, for example rubbish.
- We aim to leave campsites in better condition than we find them.
- Our vehicle fleet is managed to minimise environmental impact.
- Our group sizes are small, helping minimise cultural and environmental impact.
- We always abide by site-specific guidelines pertaining to flora and fauna.
- We aim to work with companies that share our commitment to environmental responsibility.
Liberty Holidays focus our responsible tourism initiatives in Kumpur village at Dhading District and Ghale Gaun and Sindure Village of Gorkha District Nepal for supporting local communities through our responsible travel holidays.